Friday 23 September 2011

My opinion on blogging so far

I do not dislike the idea of blogging at all, I rather like the idea that our coursework is on the internet, and not under my bed in a disorganised pile. But I do however dislike several aspects of this blog. Not only does it make adding pictures a life time chore it also manages to combine paragraphs when posting. On three occasions already, I have had to repost, because my work has suddenly become a mangled mess of letters, pictures and numbers. I suppose, given time I will find it easier to use and work with, and I am sure that every student who has used a blog has disliked in some way. But that doesn't make blogging any easier right now, the majority of the time I try and post I feel like an infant trying to control the Hubble-Telescope by tapping buttons in the hope that the end product looks pleasing.
I do however have some Non-Negative points for blogging, which I suppose makes this post more acceptable to read. Firstly, after hours of attempting to move a photo 10 pixels to the right and unscrambling 4000 letters, the end product can look very appealing, and is much easier to read than 4000 letters of varying size in a font normally refereed to as 'Robin's awful handwriting'. Another good point is that in society today it is quite hard to escape technology and the internet, so wherever I find myself at 2am I can usually update my blog with some attempt at brilliant literature. The third and final reason why Blogging can be and normally is quite good is the fact that it is much less time consuming than writing by hand or printing of work and waiting 3 weeks to hand it to the teacher in person.
Overall I do find that the blog is quite enjoyable to use, and although actually posting information is painfully tedious I suppose it can be seen as an obstacle that I must over come before failing in other aspects of online media consumption and production.

2 comments:

  1. Robin if you're having problems uploading documents, images or moving footage on your blog see either me or Mr Seal. Your discussion about blogging is interesting. I'm sure you'll get used to working this way - the majority of students do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now worked everything out. my new philosophy on the blog is that I do not write it all on microsoft word first and then copy across.
    The copy and paste system does not exactly paste, instead it smears several paragraphs together creating a completely different post.

    ReplyDelete