Saturday 19 November 2011

Preliminary Evaluation

Preliminary Task
When I first started work upon the preliminary task I instantly wanted the dialogue to be the key feature, in my minds eye I imagined capturing the perfect scene between our teenage actors. After several seconds I realised that I was going about this entirely the wrong way, when filming for the first time, we are not trying to create a cult classic, instead we are merely supposed to show that we can hold a camera without spontaneously combusting or falling out of a window. 
With this new, slightly improved mindset, I wrote a script and set about to the important business of finding the best shots. The end product is what I can only describe as being a 'colourful checklist', where each shot that was listed is shown one after the other. I know that this was not exactly the most imaginative system but with a preliminary task I personally believe that the best way to flourish is to merely successfully do everything that was asked of us.

From the preliminary task I have gathered one thing, dialogue will not work without a boom. The sound is so clunky and irritating that either we add a warning at the beginning of our video, or we find some non-diegetic sound and use it to replace the diegetic sound. 
The second thing I have learnt is that we need to think outside of the very small box that is commonly referred to as 'logic'. For this outburst I would of course need to be very ambitious and somewhat over prepared. Seeing as I currently have no idea how I will manage this I must make haste to the drawing board and work on either the use of shadows or darkness, for they would be the hardest shots to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment